We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Photo by Stephanie Staton
- 1 to 1½ cups fresh or thawed, drained frozen raspberries
- 1 to 1½ cups fresh or thawed, drained frozen strawberries
- 1 to 1½ cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 to 1½ cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup applesauce
Combine raspberries, strawberries, cranberries and blueberries and pour into a greased 9- by 13-inch pan. Mix together sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over berry mixture.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and egg, and mix well.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture 1/4 cup at a time, alternating with applesauce. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Spread batter over berry mixture, and bake for 35 minutes or until cake reaches desired doneness.
Recipe courtesy Shirley Dehler of Columbus, Wis.